RECOMMENDED HOME REMEDIES FOR PARALYSIS
Paralysis is loss of muscle function of one or a group of muscles. This may partially or completely affect your body and is most often on one side. Paralysis is an outcome of a stroke attack. When an entire side of the body is affected, it is termed as hemiplegia.
Paralysis can be extremely debilitating,both physically and emotionally. In case of a severe paralysis attack, the patient might even need help with day-to-day activities. While this sounds scary, there are certain natural home remedies available that can help cope with paralysis effectively.
Dietary Tips For Paralysis:
- Always eat fresh food that is warm. Avoid cold food.
- Avoid foods that are bitter, acidic, or pungent.
- Include foods that are sweet, sour, and salty.
- Nuts are very good options to include in your daily diet.
- While it is ok to consume rice and wheat in your diet, avoid barley, millet, and rye.
- While having meat, choose white meat and avoid red meats.
- Consume sizable portions of carrot, beetroot, okra, and asparagus as a part of your daily diet.
Home Remedies For Paralysis:
- Clean and grind asparagus (genus) leaves and apply it on the area of pain caused by paralysis.
- For relief from Inflammation and pain due to it, Saute a few drumstick leaves in castor oil and apply on pain area.
- Radish oil 20-40 ml twice a day daily can help in curing the condition.
- If you have a distorted face as a result of paralysis, mix equal portions of black pepper powder and dry ginger powder with honey and consume it twice or thrice a day.
- Grind the akarkara root into a fine paste and mix it with mahua (honey tree/butter tree) oil. Massage the affected area twice or thrice daily.
- This helps in reducing muscle tension and also helps regaining its tone. In fact, a whole body massage with this oil can help in regaining muscle strength faster.
- Take 1 kg sugarcane root and grind it coarsely. Boil it in water and reduce it to half the quantity. Strain the mixture. Mix it with 6 gm each of piple bamsalochan, black pepper, cardamom, and mulethi (licorice) and 1/2 kg of Misri (crystallized sugar lumps). Simmer it and bring it to a syrup consistency. Take 1-2 gm regularly. This also helps in paralysis.
- Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple juice and stem that helps in reducing pain. Take 1500 mg of bromelain tablet thrice a day.
- Take 180 to 240 gm of gingko a day. This helps in prevention of another stroke attack.
- Flaxseed oil 1 teaspoon a day also helps.
- Vitamin C 3000 mg a day also helps.
While the above home remedies and Ayurvedic prescriptions are quite effective, it is always recommended that these are taken under the advisement of your physician.