ALL THAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder that is the most disabling form of arthritis. It most often occurs between the age of 40-60 years and in some cases well before that. It is an auto- immune disorder wherein your own immune system starts attacking your body tissues in error.
This is the most disabling of all forms of arthritis due to the fact that it not only impacts the joints but also the other parts of your body including the internal organs.
Symptoms Of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
The most common symptoms include:
- Stiffness in the joints, particularly in early mornings
- Swelling in the joints
- Redness of joints
- Joint deformity in later stages
According to statistics, more than 40% of the people,suffering from rheumatoid arthritis also experience symptoms in other parts of the body such as Skin,Eyes,Kidneys,Heart,Lungs,Salivary glands, nerve tissue,bone marrow and blood vessels.
Causes Of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
While it is still unclear why this happens, research has indicated that Environmental factors and a person’s genetic composition do play a role in why a person may suffer from this disorder. When RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS occurs, the immune system attacks the lining of the membranes that surround the joints, called the synovium. When this occurs, the synovium swells causing damage to the bones and the cartilage in the joint. The soft tissues that hold the joint together lose their integrity and cause deformation.
Risk Factors Of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Explained below are some factors that may increase your risk of RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS:
- Sex – Research indicates that women are more prone to develop rheumatoid arthritis than men.
- Age – While it is true that this disorder can occur to a person at any age, it is most common between the ages of 40 and 60.
- Family History – Your risk of suffering from rheumatoid arthritis is greater if you have a history of your family members having RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
- Smoking – Research shows that smoking increases your risk of getting RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
- Environmental Factors – While it is very unclear how these can increase your risk, studies reveal that exposure to Asbestos and Silica increases the risk of getting RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
- Obesity – People who are obese are at a higher risk of getting RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
Treatment Of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Since the level of destructiveness caused by Rheumatoid Arthritis varies from person to person depending on the type of joints involved, physical health and age of the person, the treatment plan differs for each individual.
The goals of Treatment given to Rheumatoid Arthritis are to:
- Reduce inflammation
- Prevent joint damage
- Relieve pain
- Minimise long term complications
- Improve normal function and movement of the joints
Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis also include
- Lifestyle Changes –Eating a Healthy diet, Regular Exercise, Stress Management
- Medicine – Anti-inflammatory drugs , Disease modifying anti Rheumatic drugs , steroids and immunosuppressants are administered
- Regular Check up – Under guidance of the doctor and review of the progress
- Alternate Therapies – Ayurveda is an extremely effective alternative that helps treat rheumatoid arthritis.Panchakarma (The detoxification therapies) with special focus on Vasthi (Enema) clubbed and the other therapies in conjugation with herbal decoctions and portions is known to be very effective in treating RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS.
- Surgery – In case of damage of joint, suggested option by doctor to relieve pain, enable the joint to function normal activities.
- Treatment For Rheumatoid Arthritis at AVN AROGYA : We at AVN AROGYA with our 8 years’ experience of treating Rheumatoid arthritis have developed a very effective treatment protocol for the treatment of Rheumatoid arthritis which involves consumption of various herbal preparations and different therapies like PodiKizhi , Abhyangam and Panchakarma Therapy with special focus on administration of various medicated enemas.