Lumbar Spondylosis, is a degenerative condition of the vertebrae which results in the narrowing of the space between adjacent vertebras which may further lead to the compression of the nerve fibres that arises from that segment (affected segment) of the spinal cord which in turn results in low back pain or symptoms like pain, altered sensation, numbness or weakness in the legs. They can also cause local inflammatory changes which results in increased sensitivity of the nerves.
Causes of Lumbar Spondylosis
Age is the most important factor for a degenerative condition to set in. Lumbar Spondylosis in the early decades of life is usually associated with overweight, Smoking, Sedentary life style and more importantly Stress.
Symptoms Of Lumbar Spondylosis
- Pain In The Low Back Which May Radiate Till Your Legs
- Increase In Pain On Prolonged Standing Or Travelling
- Restriction Or Difficulty In Movement
- Numbness In The Low Back Which May Radiate Till Your Legs
- Weakness In The Muscles In The Legs
Allopathic & Ayurvedic Treatment of Lumbar Spondylosis
The goal of pain relief treatment of Lumbar Spondylosis is to provide relief to the symptoms associated with Spondylosis and to prevent retardation in ability to carry out activities of daily living and improve quality of life.
- Treatment for Lumbar Spondylosis – In Contemporary medicine (Allopathic Medicine):
Pain killers comprising of Anti-inflammatory analgesics and Membrane stabilizers (Drugs that numb the sensation of pain through the neurological pathway) are generally recommended for relief of pain. Physiotherapy including traction, IFT, Ultrasound therapy etc are used to relieve pain and relax the muscles that are affected. If these interventions do not work, Epidural injections are administered to relieve pain. Surgical treatment is recommended in case of nerve root compression not responding to these interventions.
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Lumbar Spondylosis:
Ayurvedic treatment of Lumbar spondylosis comprises of herbal medicines and therapies that help to relax the muscles, relieve inflammation to the nerves and surrounding tissues, healing the damage to the nerves and in strengthening the nerves and muscles. The most commonly used therapies are Podikkizhi (Herbal Powder Poultice massage), Ilakkizhi (Fresh herbal poultice massage) for relieving inflammation and relaxing the muscles, Kativasthi (Pooling of medicated oil on the back), Tailadhara (Pouring of medicated oils over the body) and Nhavarakkizhi (for healing the nerves and strengthening the muscles and nerves). Vasthi (Medicated Enemas) for another important part of the treatment. They are the most important component of the treatment to strengthen the tissues and to prevent recurrence.
- Ayurveda Treatment for Lumbar Spondylosis at AVN AROGYA
At AVN Arogya, we have developed excellent products that help relieve the problems like, pain, stiffness, loss of strength and numbness associated with Lumbar spondylosis and prevent further degeneration with regular use. Patients who have recently developed the problem invariable respond to these medicines and can prevent further episodes through maintenance comprising of exercises and in some cases anti-degenerative medicines. Those who have very severe problems and those suffering for long duration with the problems require therapies that can be carried out at any of our centres. Those who are in excruciating pain and severe symptoms or other concomitant diseases and complications and who require complete rest and close monitoring would be advised admission at our Hospital in Madurai and given treatment comprising of Medicines, Ayurvedic Therapies, Counselling and Physiotherapy.
Why AVN AROGYA for Lumbar Spondylosis Ayurvedic Treatment!!
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Lumbar Spondylosis at AVN Arogya alleviates the need for surgery and improves quality of life
- Our experience of over 85 years makes us the best at offering the services required to effectively heal
- The treatment offered is time-tested, safe and effective
- The treatment is natural and holistic
- It retards the chances of a recurrence
- Patients walk out with renewed confidence in life